Thursday, October 29, 2009

P R A Y E R

Prayer. Why do we pray / Should we pray at all.

Some times I wonder as to why I pray.And also question myself whether I should pray at all.

I think I pray to thank God for all my blessings.I have the good fortune of a sound and healthy body,a contented family who are for ever satisfied with whatever I have done for them and the great fortune of an assured three square meals a day in a permanent own house.

These are not available for millions of people all around the globe.Am I not then fortunate to be among the chosen few to enjoy these benefits.Hence I feel I must be grateful to my Creator for the boons He has given me.

So I pray,basically to thank my God for these great benefits and to ask God to be Kind enough to continue these benefits for the rest of my life.

Secondly I pray for mental peace.The 40 to 60 minutes I spend in the Prayer Room take my mind away from everything else, for a personal Communion with my Creator.

True all the 60 minutes my Mind does not stay stable and it keeps on wandering all over the world.

But I try to make a sincere effort every time I pray to hold my mind.Once Yamini asked me “Dad,when I am not able to concentrate even for a few minutes what is the point in sitting in the Prayer Room just for the sake of sitting ?”.

Concentration comes out of Practice only. Yes, it is very difficult to achieve.So,you must keep trying to better your total concentration time daily,slowly.If you are able to concentrate for even just 5 minutes it’s a great achievement.

This is where the Dasa Gayathri Japam helps.Recite 10 times the Gayathri Mantram slowly,soulfully and that itself will give you immense peace of mind and will make you a steady and stable Human Being.

This should not take more than 5 minutes but if done daily without fail,protects you,guides you and keeps you on a balanced and straight path.

Once you are balanced and are on the Right Path you can lead a meaningful Life.

You do not pray to ask for favours. Still,you have to ask Only God for your wants.

Who else will you ask if you want something ? Who in this World can fulfill your desires,except God. So do ask God what you want. He will give you what you deserve.

He will also give you the strength to withstand the disappointments, when you don’t get what you have asked. That’s the beauty of God’s Power.

Similarly you should not stop praying when you fail in your efforts or are disappointed because of your setbacks or failures.

Just as Good things happen even when you did not expect them,bad things or failures also happen inspite of your prayers.

Pray only for counting your blessings,and for remaining stable and balanced in adversity and bad times.

Your Creator will always take care of you once you place your complete Trust in Him.

“When God closes a door, somewhere He opens a Window”.
( a dialogue from the film “Sound Of Music” ).


Trust In God. Trust Your Self.


Parsa Venkata Ramachander Rao.
Hyderabad. October 28,2009.

No comments: